William sought advice from the Centre in relation to an irresponsible lending complaint against his bank. The Centre decides to represent William in his dispute.
- The Centre writes to the bank and asks for documents (opens Other Representation Service)
- The bank doesn’t respond despite repeated requests for a response.
- The Centre lodges a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) – (closes Other Representation Service and opens Dispute Resolution Representation Service)
- A resolution is not reached so the matter proceeds to negotiation / conciliation conducted by AFCA (details recorded as Actions within the Dispute Resolution Representation Service)
- The matter doesn’t resolve at this dispute resolution stage, so proceeds through the next level of AFCA case management/ assessment, and then resolves in favour of William (details recorded as Actions within the Dispute Resolution Representation Service, then service closed)
Note: information about the AFCA decision-making process drawn from the AFCA website.