National Community Legal Centres Conference 2023
In March we welcomed more than 500 delegates to nipaluna–Hobart for National Conference 2023. Delegates joined us from across the country from legal services, state and federal government agencies, law firms, the Australian Services Union, and other stakeholders. Our first conference in almost four years was the product of a huge effort over many months from the Conference Advisory Group, CLCs Australia staff and many others across the sector. We are so grateful to everyone who contributed to and supported the conference:
- the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre for welcoming us to nipaluna
- our sponsors for their generous support
plenary speakers, breakout presenters and session chairs
- our conference organisers, Think Business Events
For those who attended, it was a chance to experience the energy, excitement, and enthusiasm generated by coming together with friends, colleagues, and peers to share ideas, make new connections, and have some fun. We trust that the opportunities to connect, share ideas and learn about emerging themes and issues will deliver benefits across the sector.
Feedback we’ve received via the post-conference survey is mostly positive, but we’ve also received some constructive suggestions which will help us make our next conference even better. We will be releasing a more detailed report soon, but for now there are a few preliminary results below.
- Around 81% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with the conference overall. Networking opportunities, accessibility, and the conference app received the highest satisfaction scores among the conference elements we asked about.
- Around 24% of attendees came from rural, regional, remote and very remote (RRRR) communities.
- The three highest-rated breakout sessions were The physiology of a leader, Winning big for communities without breaking the budget, and the session delivered by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Network.
Conference materials and photos
Our User Portal contains videos and slide decks from selected conference sessions. We’re continuing to add new material from the breakouts as presenters make them available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a User Portal login if you don’t have one yet.
We’re also working on a National Conference 2023 photo gallery, which will include our best pictures from the event. Once we’ve finalised our selection, we will upload a link to the gallery to the National Conference page of the User Portal. Make sure you check in regularly and keep an eye out for further updates from us. We’d like the gallery to be the best it can be: if you have one or two fabulous conference snaps you’d be happy to share, please email them to email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can download your photos from the Conference Dinner Photobooth via the Adept Photos Conference Dinner website using the following details:
- Email: Your email
- Guest password: 8og9CLTKRK
- Download Pin: 4554