Last updated 26 April 2021
Turnaways are an important measure of unmet legal need, and the data we collect informs our advocacy for more funding for the sector. Thanks very much to those of you who provided feedback on the draft that we published in the March issue of CLASS News.
We have incorporated your suggestions and a final version is available here.
The main changes are:
- Adding a section at the beginning explaining why turnaways are important
- Clarification that turnaways are counting services not people
- Changing the Reason for referral to Reason for referral or refusal (to accommodate situations where no referral can be made)
- Breaking down Centre does not offer service or Centre does not have capacity to deliver service into discrete and ongoing services, to allow capture of data about lack of ongoing services
- Adding Person is banned or otherwise excluded
- Adding Outside other eligibility guidelines
We will now incorporate these changes into CLASS.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.