Position: Trainee Office Manager/Community Liaison Officer
Organisation: Hunter Community Legal Centre
Location: Newcastle NSW
Closing date: Monday 19 October 2020, 5:00pm
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application. Please ensure you attach a resume and a covering letter describing how you meet the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you want to start your career in the community sector with a view to moving into office management. This is a great opportunity to be trained with the view of stepping into the Officer Manager’s position. Trainee Office Manager/Community Liaison Officer will work under the supervision of the Office Manager and Managing Solicitor.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team. While skills and experience in an administration role would be highly regarded, we are looking for the right person for the role and an applicant who is interested in a career path in office management. This person must be empathetic and willing to assist vulnerable people in our community and have a sense of social justice. They will be calm under pressure, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and pride themselves on their attention to detail.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with social media platforms
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- problem solving abilities
- to be adaptable and flexible to manage competing priorities in a demanding and complex work environment
- the ability to identify and implement system improvements that contribute to business efficiency
- a solid understanding of the legal system and terminology
- proficiency with Office 365 including Teams & SharePoint
- a valid driver’s licence
- working with children’s check