Position: Solicitor – Temporary Visas Pilot Project
Organisation: Top End Women's Legal Service Inc.
Location: Darwin NT
Closing date and time: 5:00pm Friday 23/07/2021
How to apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the position description which includes the selection criteria for the role.
Applications are to be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Contact person: Caitlin Weatherby-Fell, Acting Managing Solicitor, firstname.lastname@example.org, (08) 8982 3000.
The Top End Women's Legal Service (TEWLS) seeks an experienced solicitor (3 years PAE+) to join their vibrant team and help the service develop, deliver and lead a new migration law practice.
In 2021, TEWLS was invited to deliver the Temporary Visa Holders experiencing violence pilot project (the Pilot) in the Northern Territory. The Pilot aims to achieve positive outcomes for families, women and their children by working across sectors to improve the safety and wellbeing of children, advancing gender equality and reducing violence against women and their children, and will run for an initial period of 12 months.
Based in Darwin, TEWLS' new migration law practice will focus on advice, assistance, and representation to women on temporary visas experiencing domestic and family violence. The practice will provide exposure to meaningful, varied, interesting, and complex legal work, within a supportive and trauma-informed environment.
At TEWLS, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary sacrifice and six (6) weeks' annual leave
- No billable targets, sustainable caseloads, and a supportive environment dedicated to developing employee wellbeing and resilience.
- Excellent training opportunities and investment in your professional development.
- The opportunity to use your legal skills to address gender inequality and support women.
- An energised, collegiate and high-achieving team.
- Salary - by initial reference to SCHADS Level 5 (level subject to experience).
Part-time and initial remote-work applications will be considered.