Position: Senior Solicitor
Organisation: Goldfields Community Legal Centre
Location: Kalgoorlie WA
Closing date and time: 24/06/2022 3:00pm
How to apply: Please submit a current and detailed resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]
Contact person: Karen Grove, [email protected], 08 9021 1888
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice, casework and community legal education across the main areas of a generalist CLC, e.g. Family Law, Restraining Orders, Criminal Injuries Compensation, Removal of License Disqualifications etc.
- Current unrestricted legal practising certificate from the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia, with at least three years’ post-admission experience
- Broad general knowledge and demonstrated experience across a variety of Civil and Family Law areas
- Excellent legal research and interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact sensitively and effectively with many stakeholders, including Aboriginal and CaLD clients, community groups, and government and non-government agencies.
- Demonstrated extensive ability to work under pressure and deliver efficient and practical advice, casework and referrals using adaptive problem-solving techniques
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior legal staff
- Actively contribute to the development of community legal education, policy initiatives, law reform, and advocacy activities
- A socio-historical understanding of Aboriginal cultures and a sense of issues facing Aboriginal people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel with a current C class driver license
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children card
- Evidence of up to date COVID vaccination status