Position: Senior Solicitor, Energy, Strategic Litigation
Organisation: Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC)
Location: Sydney NSW
How to apply: Please send your application to [email protected], including Senior Solicitor, Energy in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Contact person: Michelle Cohen, Principal Solicitor via [email protected]
- Help drive the rapid and just transition to a zero-carbon energy system
- Deliver strategic, consumer-led legal and regulatory interventions
- Be part of a leading team of policy and legal change-makers
PIAC develops legal and policy responses to climate change to mitigate its disproportionate effect on groups already experiencing disadvantage and help ensure Australia’s regulatory framework and policy settings deliver a just and fair transition to a zero- carbon energy system and society.PIAC's Energy and Water Consumers’ Advocacy Program (EWCAP) works for better regulatory and policy outcomes, so people’s needs are met by clean, resilient, and efficient energy and water systems. Reporting to the Principal Solicitor, you will work with PIAC’s strategic litigation practice and EWCAP to undertake public interest litigation, providing advice and leading strategic legal actions, and contributing to policy development to effect systemic change. Additionally, you will:
- Engage and collaborate with advocacy partners to identify opportunities for legal intervention
- Identify and contribute to innovative legal strategies for achieving public interest outcomes
- Develop and lead projects and supervise junior solicitors, interns, and paralegal staff
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.