Position: Project Officer, Towards Truth
Organisation: Public Interest Advocacy Centre
Location: Sydney NSW
Closing date and time: Sunday 8 August 2021, 11:00pm
How to apply: Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including Project Officer, Towards Truth in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Contact person: Annie Barker email@example.com
- Foundational work that will support a future Makarrata Commission
- Legal and policy research and development of project database
- 24-month contract, full time or part time hours considered
Towards Truth is a collaborative partnership of the Indigenous Law Centre UNSW and PIAC and provides practical support for the truth-telling process called for in the Uluru Statement from the Heart. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Program Director, Truth and Accountability, you will support the day-to-day implementation of the Towards Truth project, researching, documenting and recording legislation and policy that has had an impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop thematic priority lists under the direction of the ILC for the project database
- Assist in the development of partnerships and liaise with external stakeholders to coordinate research needs
- Develop, supervise and review research by pro bono lawyers and interns
You have a proven understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history, culture and society with solid research and analytical skills and the capacity to develop relationships, particularly with First Nations communities.
A law degree is desirable.