Position: Practical Legal Training Placements – Homeless Law
Organisation: Justice Connect
Location: Melbourne VIC
Closing date and time: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.
How to apply: Applications should be emailed to [email protected] as a single Word or PDF file including “PLT Application – Homeless Law” in the email subject line.
Applications should comprise of a single Word or PDF document including; a cover letter and CV. Please ensure your cover letter includes:
- Your available start date
- Your preferred working days within a week
- How many days placement you can commit to
- Whether you can work in-person or remotely (noting that remote work will not involve direct client contact)
- The details of your GDLP provider
Contact: Please refer to https://justiceconnect.org.au/work-with-us/practical-legal-training/ for more information or email [email protected].
The Melbourne office is currently recruiting Practical Legal Trainee (PLT) students to work with the Homeless Law Service. PLT students receive on-the-job legal training and supervision. The Homeless Law Service is client-focused. Homeless Law is a dynamic legal team at Justice Connect, delivering access to justice through pro bono. Homeless Law provides legal assistance to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, specialising in tenancy, infringements, and credit and debt. Homeless Law also has a criminal law service for existing clients.
*Please note that PLT positions are unpaid*
- Be enrolled in, or have completed a Practical Legal Training program at the College of Law, or its equivalent at a participating university;
- Be able to work at least 3 days a week in the Justice Connect Melbourne office (the placement will not be conducted remotely); and
- Undertake between 50 - 75 days of practical legal training at Justice Connect. With a late April or early May start date.