Position: Media and Communications Manager
Organisation: Public Interest Advocacy Centre
Location: Sydney NSW
Closing date and time: 23/06/2022 11:00pm
How to apply: Please send your application to [email protected], including Media and Communications Manager in the subject field.
Contact person: Alastair Lawrie, [email protected]
Work across the organisation to develop and deliver effective communication strategies to help achieve PIAC’s purpose and achieve impact. This includes:
- Using traditional and social media to expose injustice and disadvantage
- Producing effective publications and direct communications with PIAC’s supporters
- Working with PIAC staff and clients to enable them to engage effectively with the media
- Responding to media enquiries and develop relationships with media agencies and journalists
Ideally, you have experience delivering multi-platform content, particularly in an advocacy or campaign context. Otherwise, you have experience working with media, have existing networks and can identify and develop media opportunities. Additionally, you have exceptional writing skills and can produce compelling content, with experience in:
- Devising, implementing, managing, and evaluating media and communications strategies
- Project management skills, with ability to produce high-quality work to deadline
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with a team to produce results
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you can secure opportunities to promote PIAC’s work and build the organisation’s reputation as a reliable source of comment, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the knowledge, skills and experience section included in the attached position description.