Position: Legal Intake Officer (Paralegal) - GVCLC
How to apply: See the position description and application details on their website Contact person: Julie O’Connor, 03 5831 0900, [email protected] The Legal Intake Officer (Paralegal) position is an integral client focused role; intake and reception services are the first point of contact for our clients. This role is supervised by the Legal Intake Coordinator and together they provide intake and reception services for GVCLC. Legal intake is conducted by telephone and face to face. The primary purpose of legal intake is to identify a client's legal issues and provide appropriate information and referral to both in-house and external services. The Legal Intake staff are also responsible for client data management and entry, high level drafting of official documents, management of correspondence, and the supporting of service coordination, volunteers and community legal education through agreed processes. The position would be suited to a law student who has made significant progress in their legal studies or a recent graduate. Applicants with paralegal experience, without legal studies will also be considered.
- 0.6 to 1 FTE (45.6 to 76 hours per fortnight), subject to negotiation as an ongoing position.
- A flexible and supportive team environment where staff engagement and development are prioritised.
- SCHADS Level 3 Award salary subject to skills and experience
- 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available.