Position: Lawyer, International Parental Child Abduction
Organisation: International Social Service, Australia
Location: Pyrmont, New South Wales
Closing date: 5:00pm Friday 17/09/2021
How to apply: Applications must include a CV, a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role and a response to the set written task.
Contact person: Rebecca Chapman, Managing Lawyer, (02) 8069 2048, [email protected]
Reporting to the Managing Lawyer, you will be responsible for the provision of legal advice and case work to clients throughout Australia who are affected by international parental child abduction (IPCA).
The Legal Service primarily provides legal advice and assistance by telephone and email, with some face-to-face contact with clients. Your duties include:
• Provision of advice to clients and professionals on our Legal Advice Line regarding IPCA and other international parenting matters
• Drafting outgoing return and access applications under the 1980 Hague Convention and applications under the Bilateral Agreements with Egypt and Lebanon
• Appropriate internal referrals and liaising with Commonwealth Government stakeholders
• Preparation of legal information resources
• Provision of training and information about IPCA and the 1980 Hague Convention
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum two years family law experience.
See attachments for the full job advertisement, the full Position Description and the written task.