Users who use MAC computers may have issues when uploading emails into CLASS in the documents section. They may see the following the error message:
"Uploaded file does not pass document security validation (text / plain)”
This can make it difficult to upload email files / messages directly form Outlook, if using a MAC Computer.
To Solve this issue:
Compress the email file and attempt to upload it to CLASS by following these steps:
- Right click on the selected email
- Select save email to your computer
- Locate the saved email (it is usually in your Quick Access or Most Recent Docs menus).
- Right click on email & click “Compress [email name]” and a compressed version will be saved.
- You can now upload the compressed file to CLASS
- Note that if you need to review the files please un-compress them first
- this is done by simply downloading the file
- going to where the file is stored
- double left clicking on it
Alternatively, print to PDF and upload the normal way.