Position: First Nations Cadet – NSW
Organisation: Redfern Legal Centre
Location: Redfern NSW
Closing date: 5:00pm Thursday 30/09/2021
How to apply: Applications must be emailed to [email protected] and must include a resume and a cover letter. Desirable applicants:
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are accepted as such in the community
- are enrolled in an LLB or equivalent course in an approved Australian tertiary institution for an undergraduate degree; a combined undergraduate degree; a post graduate degree; or an Honours/Masters year as part of an undergraduate degree
- have a sound academic track record
- have strong communication skills
- have a commitment to social justice and working with vulnerable clients
- can demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills.
Connections to the local Redfern community are desirable, but not essential.
Contact person: Redfern Legal Centre Recruitment, [email protected]
The Redfern Legal Centre is offering Cadetship positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander law students within its First Nations Cadetship Program.
The role will provide cadets with an opportunity to gain unique and valuable legal experience while undertaking their law degree through 18 days of employment spread over a mutually agreed period. Cadets will work alongside Redfern Legal Centre solicitors, gaining practical legal experience and exposure to clients experiencing disadvantage, thus developing their skills and confidence to achieve their career aspirations in law.
Cadets will have an opportunity to work with three of RLC’s practice areas, choosing from Police Accountability, Tenancy, Employment, Credit & Debt, Financial Abuse, Health Justice and our International Student practice.