Position: Financial Counsellor (part-time/full-time contract position)
Organisation: Women's Legal Service NSW
Location: Lidcombe NSW
Closing date and time: 5:00pm Thursday 26/11/20
How to apply: Applications addressing the full selection criteria set out in the position description should be marked ‘confidential’ and posted to the Executive Officer, PO Box 206 Lidcombe 1825 or emailed to email@example.com
Contact person: Helen Campbell, Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Legal Service NSW is a community legal centre for disadvantaged women in NSW.
Women’s Legal Service NSW advises and represents women in a range of areas including discrimination, family law, domestic violence, sexual assault, care and protection and victim compensation.
Our clients who have experienced domestic and family violence may need the support of the financial counsellor in the following areas:
- Safety - securing or changing bank, phone and utility accounts
- Debts - separating joint debts, hardship release, contesting debts acquired as a result of financial abuse
- Accessing financial support - Centrelink, loan applications, victims support
- Improving outcomes of family property settlements, child support and spouse maintenance
- Capacity building and empowerment - assisting women to regain control of finance and improving confidence and capacity to seek employment
The position is based in the Sydney office and may require attendance at outreach locations, courts and prisons.
WLS considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Salary range: $67 763-$89 309p.a. ($37-$49 per hour)