Position: Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Worker, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focus, South West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Service (SWS WDVCAS)
Organisation: South West Sydney Legal Centre
Location: Smithfield NSW
Closing date: 9:00am Friday 27/05/222
How to apply: Visit https://swslc.org.au/contact/work-with-us/ for a copy of the position description, essential and desirable criteria and instructions on how to apply.
Contact person: Farah Assafiri, [email protected] South West Sydney Legal Centre are seeking a domestic and family violence (DFV) worker for their South West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (SWSWDVCAS) team. This position shares responsibility for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) focus area with another part time worker (who works three days per week). The DFV specialist worker (ATSI focus) assists the Manager in service delivery. She also provides high level expert advice regarding how to ensure the SWSWDVCAS is relevant, accessible and responsive to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children. Applicants must have a commitment to empowering women and children affected by DFV, demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients, and demonstrated ability to engage effectively with clients in crisis. Full details of responsibilities and the essential criteria for application, are outlined in the position description.
- Permanent, part-time position (14hpw)
- Community Legal Centre incorporating domestic and family violence services
- Annual salary: SCHCADS L5 starting at $33,939 plus superannuation
- Flexible work conditions, salary packaging to increase take home pay, 5 weeks’ annual leave (pro rata) plus leave loading, additional leave at Christmas
- Proficiency in a language other than English is desirable