Position: Community Solicitor
Organisation: Darwin Community Legal Services (Tenants Advice Service)
Location: Darwin NT
Closing date: Friday, 22 January 2021, 5:00pm
How to apply: Through SEEK
Contact person: Trudy Allpike, (08) 8982 1111, email@example.com
The Community Solicitor is part of a small team that represents the rights and interests of tenants' of the Northern Territory, providing advocacy support, and community awareness activities and contributing to systemic reform and policy development. We are looking for someone with skills and experience in a similar role who is committed to making a difference.
The role is part-time 30 hours/4 days per week until 30th June 2021.
- Provide legal advice and assistance aligned to DCLS’s Strategic Plan and Advice & Casework guideline.
- Contribute to the development of DCLS’s Legal Practice, team members’ skills and the identification of wider service delivery issues arising from client work.
- Develop policy and identify law reform opportunities based on evidence and practice, including through test cases, submissions, campaigning and lobbying.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including the legal profession, community organisations and local and national bodies, developing networks and collaboration.
- Contribute to the development and support of community workers, other legal practitioners, networks and the community through multi-media, training, workshops and publications.
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Team Leader and Principal Solicitor.
- Eligibility for admission as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory is essential.