Position: Aboriginal Legal Access Program Worker (Part-Time)
Organisation: Western Sydney Community Legal Centre
Location: Rooty Hill NSW
Closing date: 12:00am, Friday 12/11/2021
How to apply: Applications to be emailed to [email protected] Your application will require a copy of your CV and a statement addressing the Selection Criteria. Applications that do not include the selection criteria will not be considered.
Contact: [email protected]
The primary purpose of this position is to help build meaningful and trusted connections between our Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community and WSCLC’s CLCP Legal service. This position will support our commitment to provide culturally appropriate support and service to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified position.
Being an Aboriginal Person is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act.
A current Working with Children Check is a requirement of the position.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice and community development.
- Ability to give examples of a candidate’s capacity in oral and written skills including data input and extraction, case notes and hard file management.
- Demonstrated undertakings of establishing and maintaining external networks
- Ability to think, prioritise and respond to high pressure situations through advocacy and crisis support while maintaining daily task work.
- Sound ability to coordinate large projects in education and engagement.
- Drivers license with fully comprehensive car insurance.